Sunday 25 January 2009

My turn....


What a diffrence a weeks makes. This time last week, the jubilation of a solid Half Marathon race at the back end of a good weeks training, today I am sitting here struggling to comtempate an Iron Kid's race let alone an Ironman after being wiped out by a sickness/ diarrhea virus. I guess it was only a matter of time before it would be my turn. Since Christmas all the girls have had various illnesses, and I've ducked and dived, avoiding them all. Ellie had a tummy bug this week, and low and behold the early hours of Thursday morning saw me firmly fixed to the toilet.


I took Thursday and Friday off work, and started to feel better on Saturday. Thinking I was better I had food throughout Saturday and then Sarah and I went out with Tom and Helen for some food on Saturday night. We'd planned this night for a while and with baby sitters organised we were really looking forward to a night out. As it was, my stomach behaved and we did have a good night, cheers guys I really, really hope I haven't given you anything.


I have never had anything like the experience I had on Saturday night!!! I could go on and describe in detail my night but I will save you all the horrid details. I got very little sleep, went back to bed at 8am and before I knew it it was 3pm!!!! So far I have had 2 dry slices of toast and plenty of water. Lets see what tomorrow brings.


I am gutted. Last week was developing into a great training week, I had some ambitious plans for my training, all of which didn't happen.


I am hoping that I will be able to keep some food in me tomorrow, slowly get some energy back and then return to some training later in the week....

No comments: