Sunday 28 December 2008

Santa's been.......














I am frazzled!! A 4 year old, an 18 month old, a house full of new exciting presents and you have a receipe for a tired boy. Sarah is also part of my club, so much for sitting down watching some Christmas films in the evenings, more like crashing out and falling asleep! However I wouldn't have changed the last week for anything, it has been great.

On Christmas morning Ellie opened the lounge door to say 'Wow there's presents everywhere', then when she tried on her new dressing gown she said 'Oh that's so soft, Mummy feel it' Evie has been pushing her new baby and pram all over the house, and every morning still goes straight into the kitchen to where the advent calendar was, expecting a chocolate!

Although the girls got thoroughly spoilt by their Mummy, and two Grandma's Ellie was great on Christmas morning opening presents and looking at them all, then the rest of the day was spent playing.

We had a lovely walk, picnic and play in the woods on Boxing Day, which was really great. We really enjoy the times we go out for picnic's and walks, the distraction of home is removed for a few hours and we just enjoy each others company.

I got a couple of great books from Santa, 'No Limits' Michael Phelps, is proving to be a really good read, I am sure I will share some of it in future posts. I have trained well around Christmas, and my new heart rate strap accessory for my Garmin 405 means there's now no place to hide.

Monday: Weights; Upper Body Circuit (45 mins)

Tuesday: am Bike; 70 miles (4 hrs), pm Run; 5 miles technical (45 mins)

Wednesday: am Run 10 miles 7.45min/mile pace, weights Upper Body Circuit (30 mins)

Thursday, Friday Rest Days

Saturday: Bike; 20 miles (1 hour) including 4 x 4 mins Hill Repetitions, Weights Upper Body + Legs.

Sunday: Run; 15 miles (2 hours) 8 min/mile pace

I love training and exercise, it's part of my life. Whether it's weights, running, cycling, swimming or any other sport is doesn't really matter, whether it's my Birthday, Christmas Day or New Year's Day it doesn't really matter, it's what makes me tick. I have had a great week, I've spent lots of time with my amazing wife and girls and have also managed to do some of the activities I enjoy.

Sarah's Christmas card to me had the following printed on it,

'spending time together is what I like to do, going out or staying in I love just being with you...I think you're really smashing, and I'm hoping this will be...your happiest, jolliest Christmas - with lots of love from me!'

it certainly has been xxx

1 comment:

Tom said...

Great post mate, hopefully H and I will be enjoying Christmas's like yours in a few years time :)

p.s. sorry for the delay in commenting but having been away for so long I'm only just getting through the avalanche that is my Google reader ;)