Tuesday 16 February 2010

The dog house...


There are many things that a man, a husband must never forget. One to say "I love your hair" immediately after your wife returns from the hair dresser's. Two, Birthday's, and three, Valentines Day... (I am sure there are plenty of ladies out there that can think of many more to add to my short list feel free to add in the comments box) guess which one I forgot? Well it wasn't really that I forgot, it was more of a case that at some stage I made a momentously wrong decision. I hadn't brought a card, On Saturday afternoon I wasn't able to get to a shop, and maybe, just maybe a card wasn't required because I would be spending the day with my wife and heading out for the evening for a drink and to the cinema. Oh how wrong could I be...

Valentines morning went downstairs made Sarah a cup of tea and returned to find a lovely card with a beautiful poem and a bag of Valentines Chocolates, thanks darling love you. Oh dear, I was in big, big trouble. Even Ellie had made me a card, bigger trouble I could not have been in. "It's just a card" didn't help matters (quite right to)

The trouble was it was just too late, the damage had been done. A late card wouldn't cut it, flowers would not be well received, chocolates wouldn't go down too well. What could I do? Well Diamonds were mentioned on a few occasions during the day, oh my ££££££££?

The reality of the situation was I had COCKED up BIG styleee, so there was very little I could do other than try to be nice, say lots of nice things and hopefully Sarah would accept my rather insufficient attempt at an apology.

We had a nice afternoon at Xscape (Milton Keynes) watched Avatar and had a couple of drinks, whilst my Mum and Dad were on Baby Sitting duties. I of course took the abuse I deserved all night long.

So to my gorgeous Sarah. Please accept my apologies for being a thoughtless husband, for not making the little bit of effort required to go out and get a card. If I could find a set of stocks I would sit in them, I should be publicly shamed. You know that I love you more than ever and that I cannot think of anybody else who I want to be with for the rest of my life. So darling let me say sorry on my blog for all my readers to see. I am sorry.

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry I am working on a way to redeem myself, love you 10 gorgeous xxxxxxx

3 comments:

Ben G said...

almost 'forgiven', keep working at it...
Love you babe xxx

Unknown said...

A dog house was not enough for you, you had to make an igloo to sit in. Good job it's melted now because it would be pretty cold out there.

Ben Bigglestone said...

that is awesome, 'its only a card', I have used the same line lol, tremendous! Buddy you will be forgiven and Sarah will move on, just remember not to FORGET next year ;-)